Returns and refunds
David Hunt Lighting and The Light Shade Studio, Hudson Valley Lighting and Made to Order Items,
These items are made to order just for you, we therefore do not accept returns on these products as they cannot be resold. You will see that these items are Made by David Hunt Lighting, The Light Shade Studio and in the description of the product the item states Made To Order, along with Hudson Valley Lighting some of these items are made to order.
Fabric and Wallpaper by Voyage Maison and Voyage Decoration
We do not accept returns on fabric or Wallpaper cut to length as these are bespoke products and can not be resold. We advise all customers to use our fabric sample service as images can vary according to monitor quality. All cut to length fabric and custom made curtains are checked thoroughly before dispatch for faults. If there is a fault with the product a like for like replacement will be sent from the manufacturer and the returned goods will be sent for investigation. The fabric also includes Oilcloth which is also cut to order.
We accept returns on unused, unfitted boxed products for a refund or an exchange providing we are notified in writing within 14 working days of receiving the goods either in writing via email or by completing the online return products cancellation form.
Please note we will not accept goods back for a refund or an exchange if we are notified in writing after 14 working days of receiving the goods. A telephone call is not sufficient.
- You must take care of the goods whilst in your possession. A receipt or proof of purchase is needed for all returns and refunds
- Please note all unwanted goods are to be returned at the customer cost.
Step by step procedure for returning unwanted goods
You have until the 14th working day of receiving the goods to report unwanted goods. The below information is required:
- Name on invoice
- Order reference
- Email address
- Contact number
- Date of purchase
- Date received the goods
- Number of items wanting to return
- Item code, item name and quantity
- Reason for returning the goods
- Are the goods unfitted, unused, in original packaging and in a re-saleable condition?
- If would like an exchange or a full refund?
- Additional information
Please then await a reply from the sales team. The sales team will reply to all return products requests within 48 hours.
Please note if you are given authorization from the sales team to return unwanted goods all goods need to be sent back to us in the condition they were delivered. This means all items must be packaged in an outer box and well packaged with additional packaging to reduce risk of damage upon return.
We cannot be held responsible for any damages upon return if goods are not adequately packaged. If goods are returned in just the item box and no outer box the goods will not be accepted by our staff and therefore be returned back to you. Please put inside the box a copy of the invoice given or a note explaining why you are returning the goods with your name and address on the note so that we may identify your order.
Please note unwanted goods will not be accepted back for a refund or an exchange until we have agreed the return.
Please note all unwanted goods must be returned at the customers cost. We would suggest using a tracked signed for service such as the post office or Parcelforce, or another local courier company. Please ensure you ask for proof of posting from the post office as proof you have sent the package. The post office does not charge for this service.The address of which all returns are to be sent is:
City Lighting, 4 Cradock St, Swansea SA1 3EN
Please note during lockdown an alternative address will be provided.
Once we receive the goods we will inspect the goods. Providing the goods are:
- Unfitted, unused and in a re-saleable condition
- Returned in original product item box with no damages or defacing of the product item box including stickers and writing and all parts of the goods received in the condition that you received them in.
We will offer an exchange or refund. Refunds are within 14 days via the payment method you purchased the items with. If you require an exchange outbound delivery charges may apply. Goods that are not in the product item box are classed as un-resaleable and only an exchange will be offered.
- Please provide a basic inspection of the goods as soon as possible after delivery and report any faults in writing by completing the online report faulty form or via email. A telephone call is not sufficient.
- We would recommend taking some photographs to show the damage or fault.
- If items are faulty at the consumers option City Lighting Ltd can send a spare part, replace the goods, refund the price of the goods or offer an exchange.
- If a fault, breakage, damage or shortage is discovered upon checking the item after delivery please do not fit the goods.
- Immediate replacements for damaged goods will be charged and credit issued on the return of the damaged goods to the company in the original packaging.
- Most goods have a manufacturing guarantee of 1 year. Please note the finish of outdoor lights is guaranteed for one year except within five miles of the coastline. Unless there is a detailed coastal warranty with the fitting.
- Manufacturing faults sent back within 6 months of purchase customer is entitled to a postage refund however you will need to send a proof of postage receipt. Faults outside 6 months the return postage is at the consumer's cost.
- A receipt or proof of purchase is needed for all returns and refunds.
- If goods are delivered to another address after the delivery address we shall not be held responsible for any breakages, defects or claims that either arise or can be reasonably assured to have risen during onward transit.
Step by step procedure for reporting faulty goods
Report the fault of the goods in writing. A telephone call is not sufficient.
the below information is required:
- Name on invoice
- Order reference
- Email address
- Contact number
- Date of purchase
- Number of faulty items
- Faulty Items
The sales team will reply to all faulty products advice within 48 hours. Once the sales team have assessed the information given to us the sales team will determine the best way to resolve the fault. If faulty the consumer has the option, receive a spare part, replacement of the goods, refund for the price of the goods or option of an exchange.
If the fault cannot be resolved by sending a spare part the goods will need to be returned to us for inspection and testing of the fault. If you are advised to return the faulty product for inspection and testing we ask where possible to send back in the item box and also an outer box with additional packaging to prevent further damage. We cannot be held responsible for additional damage on return if goods are not adequately packaged. Manufacturing faults sent back within 6 months of purchase can be refunded to the customer however we will need a proof of postage receipt. The address of which faulty items are to be sent is:
City Lighting Ltd, 4 Cradock St, Swansea SA1 3EN
Please note during lockdown an alternative address will be provided please contact us for details.
Once we receive the goods they will be inspected and examined. If the fault is not visible or is difficult to see how the fault occurred the goods will then be returned to the manufacturers for inspection and testing to determine the fault, how the fault occurred and if the fault is due to a manufacturing fault.
Providing the fault is as reported and the inspection and testing confirms the light is faulty due to a manufacturing fault we will offer the option of replacement, exchange or a full refund. If inspection and testing proves the fault occurred for any other reason other than a manufacturing fault the light will be returned to you and outbound postage charges will apply. This is done within 14 days from City Lighting receiving the faulty goods. Refunds are within 14 days via payment method you purchased the goods with.
Please note faulty goods will not be accepted back for a refund or an exchange until authorization has been given from the sales team. Please note we do not cover electrician costs for faulty or unsuitable items.
Returns ordered on bulk trade quotations are subject to a 25% restocking charge.